Invitation =Sleep Deprevation

Sunday, August 9, 2009

This as been a very tiresome week. I have been slaving over the wedding invites and I'm not even done yet! AHHH! I even pulled and all nighter and only cracked through 60%. I am very proud of them, but will be happy when I can move on to other aspects of the wedding planning. While I can't show you the invites until they go out I will tell you that they are silk. Originally I wanted to order invitations like these:


While these aren't silk they have a beautiful embellishment.


Another one I really liked of this one:


These are gorgeous silk boxes...but they are extremely expensive and heavy/ It made no sense any way you looked at it.

Because of cost issues and practicality I decided to make the invites myself. When I began the process I wasn't sure where to begin. But I knew the fabric store would help. It was such a blessing going there because a sales girl, who was so perky and happy, really asked great questions and made even better suggestions. She even picked the color and told me about 50% off coupons. Se offered to bring me one the next day, but I found it online. I KNOW God sent her on my path. I have been to the store several times since and have never seen her again. Once I selected the silk it was on to the craft store for paper. This was the tricky part. I eventually found the paper I wanted at Michaels...but each one only sold 20 sheets of it and it took almost a month to special order it. So in desperation I traveled to Michaels in the greater DC area to find just what I needed. It was insane! To make a very long story short God had my back and made what could have been a disaster an inspiring and fun process. So as I continue to grind it out over the next week pray for me. I will post pics of the invites once they are received by our guest. Until then here is the RSVP stamp and the invite stamp for your viewing pleasure.







0 comments:

Post a Comment