The Little Dress That Could!

Monday, August 3, 2009

I have had a very...very hectic weekend...so I didn't have a chance to blog. Since I have neglected you for so long...I have a little treat; my 1st wedding dress fitting! It took place over the weekend at Priscilla of Boston and let me tell you I was up until 4 o'clock in the morning sweating bullets. Why? Glad you asked. I was afraid it wouldn't fit. I know that is silly...but alterations are costly and time consuming. With the wedding nearly two months away, I knew that was not the option I wanted and thankfully didn't need.

Of course, I could not supply you with any real pics...so they are cropped and inked...but I think they are still nice to view. By the way, I found this dress two years ago online and when I made an appointment in April to try it on...the moment was so magical. Edmee also added to the drama as she refused to let me leave without it. I know it was God urging me that day to call the shop. Otherwise I would have not done it when I really needed to. It was such a great experience.

The fitting was also a dream. My mom and Edmee are always so much fun...when we get together, we get together. Both of them are so supportive and generous with their help. Edmee was the photographer for the hour. My mother was...well..she was "the mother of the bride". She really likes to go by that title :)

Well, with that said, when the seamstress zipped up the dress; all I could do was stand in shock and awe. The dress looked better than I remember. Not only that but it fit! So here's to the little dress that could...




(Walking out of the dress room after try it on)




(My cute mother admiring my dress...poor baby had dental surgery two days before...nothing could stop her from this)


(Spinning around in my dress)


(Looking in the mirror at the dress and veil..sorry I can't show more)


(My teenie tiny seamstress working hard at my veil)


(I look like my dad's family in this photo)




(My mom and seamstress...so short!)




(Seamstress admiring her bustle)






(My mom is in the bottom right corner watching the seamstress fuss over the dress)


(You know who that is by now)


(Favorite shot of the day... Edmee made me take it and I really have to thank her... the full pic catches so many details)


(She had the nerve to try on her shawl and shoes in the bridal mirror! The moment was so cute though.)




0 comments:

Post a Comment