These are Save-the -Dates...Not Invitations!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

FRONT OF CARD

I get a chuckle every time someone asks me if my save the date was the invitation. I totally understand why they are behooved by this pre-invite mailing. While the save the date is not common for most weddings, it is becoming very trendy. It was kinda silly for me to do one since our wedding was so close, but the wedding bug bit me and I couldn't help it. Besides I figure at $1 each, it might be a fun treat. So I basically designed it using a company called www.befunky.com. I took a pic of Chris and I from New Year's and cartooned it ever so slightly. All for free! After that I designed the font, layout and colors. I tried to do different backgrounds, but in the end it just looked busy. Then one day I said lets try butterflies. It worked. So since then butterflies have become a source of inspiration. Who knew! It's so girly and I think I am such a tomboy...but whatever.

The formal invites go out in a week or two. I am fast and furious on the DIY tip and am taking great pride in them. Once guest receive them I will blog on how I made them.

BACK OF CARD

SAVE-THE-DATE STAMP

Envelope
*image via PaperJam.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment