To Chair or Not to Chair: That Is My Dilemna

Sunday, July 26, 2009

CHIVARI CHAIRS:


In my wedded bliss, I have planned pretty much all the decor that I want. From the flowers, lighting, and cake; the one thing I had not given much thought to were the chairs. I mean who thinks about that. Well, I am now being forced to think about it and it has been somewhat of a stress point.

Here's why... The most common chair you will see in wedding photos and shows are the chivari chairs. They are made out of wood or resin and generally very pretty. Like many things in life that are pretty, these chairs are not the most practical or comfortable. They create big drama at a wedding, but big pains on your bum and wallet. The chairs, in my book, are very costly. So I am trying to figure out if the pros outweigh the cons.

Pros:
Pretty
Adds Drama

Cons:
Expensive
Uncomfortable

WHITE FOLDING CHAIRS:


On the other hand my venue offer wooden folding chairs. While they aren't nearly as attractive as the chivari, they are budget friendly and comfortable. They look great for the outdoor ceremony I am having but I could not imagine sitting on them during the reception.

Pros:
Budget Friendly
Comfortable

Cons:
Not as pretty
Does very little to help the decor


So as I ponder this great black hole called "wedding chairs", I will have to decide what will work best for us. I'm guessing you'll have to wait and see on the day of!



0 comments:

Post a Comment