14 Days and Counting

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 14: Truly Commited


A few weeks ago Chris was invited to play golf with a friend at one of the most prestigious country clubs in the country. He was beyond ecstatic. He told me about it after he received the invite and I was so happy for him. Well, later that night he called me again and apologized. I couldn't figure out why. He explained that he didn't consult with me to see if it was okay to go out with this friend. Why you may ask? Because the friend was a woman. Of course I trust Chris more than anyone in the world, but the fact that he goes out his way to show me that I am the most important woman in his life allows me to live free of the stress and heartache than many women suffer in a less than secure relationship. Even in the ministry he never gives other women specific attention and makes it very clear by his body language and communication his boundaries. He did this even before we were together. So now that we are together I know that his dedication to me and boundaries with all others is real. I couldn't imagine living any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment