Invitation Recap: Part I

Monday, September 21, 2009

After many weeks of hard labor camp I finished weddinging invitations. Depending on how far a person had to travel they recevied their invite 8-5 weeks before the wedding. I definitely learned some hard lessons during this project. Especially since it was my first time ever making them!!!! So how did I make silk wraped invites?

Here is what you will need:

  • Silk fabric
  • chipboard
  • gold paper for backing
  • ivory or white heavy paper for invite
  • vellum paper for overlay
  • vellum envelope
  • paper envelope
  • silk, organza, or satin ribbon
  • silk flower petals
  • gold yarn
  • hi-temp glue gun (small one)
  • paper cutter
  • scissors
  • spray adhesive
  • custom stamps
  • postcard rsvp
I am so tired looking at this list that I have lost all desire to describe how I made them....maybe I'll gain the stregnth to share it soon :) Til' then here are some pics of what I did. Of course some of the names and addresses have been blured to protect the innocent...lol.











0 comments:

Post a Comment