My Bridal Trunk

Thursday, September 3, 2009


While I was shopping in the Home Goods store recently, yes...it's my guilty pleasure, I came across the cutest thing. A stack of vintage looking trunks. Each came in different colors, but all had butterflies on them. If you know anything about this wedding I have been using butterflies on just about everything from the Save-the-Dates to the invites. So when I saw the pink one I just knew I had to have it. Everything inside me wanted to throw it in my cart, head to the cashier, and never look at the price. It was pretty with its leather trimming, brass grommets and red velvet interior.

Hmmm...what was a girl to do? It had to cost more that what I wanted to spend. It just had to. It was right at that moment I thought of Chris and all the sacrificing he has done to make the wedding special for me. I knew I couldn't just sneak some expensive item. So, I decided to leave it.

But wait...before I go...let me just entertain myself and look at the price. Here we go...$29.99!!!! What is this shouldn't it be $299.99. Do my eyes deceive? Did some random stock person put the wrong tag on. I double checked all of them and sure enough it was the price. Well, I don't think I need to explain what happened next. I am so happy I bought it.

I wanted something to keep all of my stuff in over the wedding weekend. My shoes, accessories, and other bridal items will go inside. I can't wait to make it a keepsake to show my children and grandchildren down the road. If I hadn't come across it I may have never even thought to get a gorgeous box to keepsake my bridal memories.

Here is a shot on the tissues that will be placed on guest seat at the ceremony...more on that later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment