Day 33 and Counting

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 33: He Let's Me Be Myself


So Over the long weekend I skipped a few days of blogging. So I thought I would write a really good one for today.

I have always been a very creative and free spirit. I like all types of music, movies, food, clothes and activities. I generally like to try, see and do everything at least once. With that said I can be a whirlwind once you get to know me. One day I am focused on that thing and the next it could be on this thing. There is no rhyme or pattern to the hours I work and sleep. There is no set agenda for my days. Now juxtapose that to Chris. He is very disciplined, lives on a timed pattern and doesn't like surprises to much. He plans, makes a plan for a plan, and then plans some more. He is conservative in his thinking and likes to follow the rules. While you may catch him an a polo shirt and dockers; I'll be in ripped up jeans or a 1950's halter dress. We are very different in many ways, but it is the greatest thing that could have happened to us. Chris accepts me unconditionally. He never tries to put me in his box. He lets me color outside the lines and sometimes helps! I have never felt pressure to be anyone other than myself when I am with him.

With Chris I feel no judgment or criticism. That is not to say he doesn't offer suggestions or help me incorporate new things. Of course he does. But, it's done in such a gentle manner that I usually feel inspired by it rather than offended. I am so blessed to be with someone who makes me feel like a better me...if that even makes sense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment