Day 38 and Counting

Thursday, September 3, 2009


Day 38: He Makes Me Feel Safe (My Warm Blanket)

I remember years ago when I first moved to New York. I was a young college aged girl who despite her great job struggled to constantly make ends meet and. I was scared, lonely, and not sure of what I was really doing. While I knew my parents always had my back I felt so insecure about just day to day living. I knew God wouldn't let me fall, but I just never felt secure. I got lost almost every week on the subway, barely had any friends, and just felt miserable sometimes. Fast forward to today and things couldn't be more opposite. Chris has become a physical representation of the security that Christ gives me. With him I don't worry about even small things that used to get to me. It's safety that you can't get from money, career, education, status or people. It truly comes from Christ shining from this man onto me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment